Friday, July 15, 2011

How do you truly know if you are called to preach?

My husband has felt a call to preach for several years now. Through a process of these years we have had many interesting things to happen to us, that we believe is confirming the calling. Such as he has had multiple dreams about it. One night in particular we both shared a dream, I dreamed half and he the other half, my dream was about my part in the body of christ and when my dream ended he walked out a door to go preach and that's where his dream started.. walking through that same door to go on the platform to preach. that was really an eye opener. We visit churches a lot all over. It's like a past time for us! We love church, and we have been to 3 different churches in 3 different states where my husband was prophesied over that he was called to preach, with us saying nothing to no one ahead of time of feeling a calling to preach, also God has within the past 2 years opened a door for me to play and sing and I have never been able to play a piano before! Everyone marvels at how well I can do, and i give God all the glory. The problem is we went to our pastor and talked to him about everything that has happened, and he says the dreams are too many beans, and he doesn't believe we would be prophesied over unless it was in our church. He said he would be praying about it, and that is the last we have ever heard about it. I would like some advice on what people think. We do not believe in going against the man of God. So we have done nothing else with the matter. Just wondering what anyone would think on this subject. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment