Friday, July 15, 2011

What do you think of this poem...by Arthur O'Shaughnessy?

I am awed. This is the first poem outside of Omar Khayaam`s Rubaiyaat, which sufficiently moved me to learn the verses I found pencilled into a textbook, by heart and there were only 2 verses & it was @ 55yrs ago! It is certainly the first poem which I learned voluntarily and I`m overjoyed and thankful to read it in full so THANK YOU. Objectively, I`d say it`s a first-rate example of metre and rhyme for any aspiring poet to use as a sturdy benchmark, And the theme is unsurpassably expressed, and what`s now termed `accessible`. Again, thanks, I`m thrilled. It`s an excellent piece of rhyming verse, from all levels and angles I think.Amazing, that its` glow stays undimmed despite my being priveleged to read/study countless other works of originality or/and genius (-: Great !

No comments:

Post a Comment